100 Word Challenge Instructions!
The 100 Word Challenge is a weekly creative writing challenge for children under 16 years of age. A prompt is provided either of a few words, some individual words or a picture. Children then have 100 words to complete a creative piece. This is thenposted to the class blog then linked to this blog. I hope these details help:
Posting and Linking:
- If the post is in words, the children must use them in their writing using only 100 additional words.
- If the post is a picture, they have 100 words to write a creative piece that is inspired by the picture
- Their piece is posted on the class blog
- The URL of their POST is linked to the Head’s Office through the link at the bottom of the post. This means that each piece is linked INDIVIDUALLY
- Other children and Team 100WC visit class blogs to comment
- Make sure that it is easy to comment – so no – need to register / passwords / other restrictions
- Get someone to test your commenting system out if you are new to it (I’m happy to help!)
- Encourage your children to visit other entries to leave constructive comments.
The key to the success of the 100 Word Challenge is that children get feedback on their work so we really need comments to be easy to leave!
Do let me know if any of these instructions don’t make sense!
See you on the challenge!