Being a school governor can be the best job in the world. Of course, it isn’t a job in the normal sense of the word as it is unpaid but it is still very enjoyable and extremely satisfying.
Things are changing
The role of the governing board is no longer restricted to just attending meetings, giving out prizes, and generally being all-round ‘good eggs’!
Now, with the inspection regime and greater accountability being placed on the shoulders of governors, your knowledge really does need to be up to date and often includes topics that you had no idea schools dealt with.
How I can help
I am a consultant for the National Governance Association and an expert for The Key. My experience as a Head teacher trustee of a small MAT, chair of various governing boards across Nursery, Primary, Secondary, and Special gives me an insight into the processes as well as the content facing governors.
These are some of the ways I can support you:
- Carrying out a basic health check of your work
- Support the production of an action plan
- Provide guidance for named governors
- Support the performance management process across the school
- Support clerks in minute taking and basic procedures
- Specific support for chairs of boards and committees
- Dealing with official reports from LA, Ofsted, external inspections
I have developed a series of workshops that may fit your needs straight away so do look at the WORKSHOPS page
Let’s start a conversation
Each school is different and needs different things. Let me know what YOUR governing board’s requirements are by filling out this CONTACT FORM and we can make a start in making you even more effective!